"TEAM THURSDAY FOREVER"
It's been an extraordinary few weeks with Team Thursday and I have grown so much more closer to them than ever before. Whether we're bonding and literally living through an entire lifetime in class, playing sports and eating "cheese and crackers" on the beach, working with industry professionals in a workshop setting, or having dinner together and supporting one another at film festivals, I am very grateful for each and every one of you. Thanks for sharing in so many of these wonderful memories with me and I very much look forward to many many more!!!
"TEAM THURSDAY FOREVER"
Saying that the month of June is busy for Corey would be understatement.
1) "The Idiot Who Loved" - SAG 30 Minute Short Film that Corey wrote, currently producing, and playing the lead male character Alex is in PRODUCTION! With a great cast and crew on board the team was able to make Day One and Day Two of shooting a huge success! Stay tuned for updates on Day Three and Day Four and plenty of Behind The Scenes photos!!!
2) Corey had his first two commercial auditions in recent weeks, one of which he got a callback! Although he did not get either of them, he is one step closer to booking his first principal commercial! Thank you again to awesome, hard working, and extremely friendly commercial agents at Baldwin Talent!
3) Corey has had the pleasure of performing Improv at LA Connection Comedy Theatre several times throughout the month and continues to attend weekly rehearsals. With a great cast and plenty of friendships growing, there are soon to be many other stage performances that Corey will be a part of!
4) A music video shoot is right around the corner as Corey will lend his guitar skills to this awesome project that he is very excited to be a part of. Stay tuned for when the cover song will be released and of course behind the scenes photos!
5) Corey, with his awesome acting class, has moved on to Phase Two of Anthony Meindl's Actor Workshop! Guided by his amazing teacher Nina Paul Rausch, Corey continues to grow as an actor and person as he proudly states "I Am The One".
6) "All Companions And Exiles" is getting ready to have their first table reading! Corey is delighted to be a part of this six episode Web-Series with the cast of his sketch comedy group "We Are Desperately Seeking Susan". Stay tuned for more details on the project and when rehearsals begin!
That's all for now and as always...
RISE WITH THE PHOENIX!!!
There's nothing like sharing the stage with so many hilarious, talented, and friendly performers! And being blessed to train directly with LA Connection Comedy Theatre's owner Kent Skov every week! Building a lot of great friendships and I can't wait to see what's in store for us all!!!
Another great performance this past week with an insanely talented group of people. We rocked it at The Comedy Store!!!
Corey is now officially a part of Sunday night's group over at LA Connection Comedy Theatre where he performs WEEKLY. Check him out as a proud member of "Sunday Funny Sunday"!!!
Here are a TON of updates from just the last five days! Always moving forward and making progress!
-LA Connection: Had two great rehearsals this week with such an amazing, talented, and hilarious group of people before my Third Improv Show this past Friday! Our teacher Joe Spence is motivating, talented, and extremely easy to learn from. And although I will be moving up into a new group, one step closer to running our own show, I will be finishing up the year with some great friends I've made at LA Connection. Hope we all continue to work together no matter what class we're in!
-AMAW: Another amazing, inspiring BONUS class with Mario and company Thursday night. Definitely building some great connections with some awesome people and learning so much about myself and my work. The techniques at this tremendous school has hugely effected my ability to bring ME to every character and my confidence has skyrocketed. Anybody interested in making a movie together? Let's do it!!!
-Sketch Comedy Co-Op: Our show on February 4th is getting closer and our skits are coming along nicely. Dan is amazing and is leading the charge as it turns out I'm now the only guy! Although a lot of the original group has left I am very pleased with who remains as we are going to kick ass and take names at our performance!
-Auditions Galore: Had a couple of auditions this week and I've never had more fun doing them. I must say that with everything I'm learning at AMAW has only helped me to grow as an actor. Memorization is easy, listening in the moment is easy, and my ability to bring the character out of me is tremendous. I've never been more comfortable in a role then I have since attending Tony and Mario's classes!
-AFI Campus: Got a great opportunity to meet with a very talented group of filmmakers and directors and perform as an actor in one of their workshop classes. Being able to dive into a role I've never portrayed before and blowing it out of the park not only inspired myself but the professor and directors as well. I wish to work with many of them in the future so here's hoping for the best!
A lot of big things on the horizon but that's all for now! Oh and...RISE WITH THE PHOENIX!!!!
If you're in the Los Angeles area come on over to Sherman Oaks this Saturday at 7pm to watch Corey and Jenn perform at LA Connection in their first Rookie Improv Show.
Contact Corey for details and pricing on tickets!
-Corey has been accepted into the LA Connection's Comedy Theatre group and has begun rehearsals! Alongside his wife Jennifer, they're first show will be on November 26th! Contact Corey for ticket sales and further details on the show!
-Corey auditioned with over 150 other actors and successfully made the callbacks for Second City Hollywood! After attending the callbacks, Corey was lucky enough to be one of the 10 OFFICIALLY SELECTED improv actors and has joined their Sketch Comedy Co-Op group! Rehearsals and training begins October 18th!!!
Stay tuned for more updates in regards to Corey going "Back To His Roots" with his love for Improvisation!!!
Check me out on Instagram/Twitter